Converted from a 19th century convent, this Inn is located just outside the walls of Obidos, one of the few walled towns in Europe still remaining.
Once the wedding present to the queen, this preserved medieval town is without doubt one of Portugal's most classic settlements.
In 1444 King Alfonso V, then aged ten years, married his eight year old cousin, Isabella in the old church in the central square in the town.
The courageous can walk on the ramparts and enjoy views of windmills, vineyards and surrounding farmlands.
In the residential area, the narrow cobblestone streets are lined with whitewashed houses with terra-cotta roofs.
It is approximately 5 minutes to walk to the town and its castle from the hotel.
Comfortable and unpretentious, the Inn is tastefully decorated with antique furnishings.
It has thirty one bedrooms, all with a private bathroom, hair dryer, direct dial telephone, mini-bar and individual safe.
The restaurant features both international and local cuisine.
Guests have the use of the gardens and terraces and bar.
The Inn has facilities to hold small meetings or private functions.
Lisbon international airport is about 100 kilometres away.